Quality of care
Investing in the quality of care for people living at home or in a care home.
Ensuring quality of care lies at the heart of an effective healthcare system. The King Baudouin Foundation is committed to contribute to such a system, not just for those living in their own home but also for people living in a care home. Thanks to the considerable means made available by the Dr. Daniël De Coninck Fund, we are able to invest in primary care as well as in the quality of life for people requiring support and care at home.
- support for research and expanding knowledge on primary care
- encouraging innovation to make the care professions more attractive
- investing in the implementation of technology in home care, which improves the quality of life for patients and their families
- support for the development and perpetuation of caring neighbourhoods that offer care and support, in which there is cooperation between local inhabitants, authorities and frontline professionals
- support initiatives in care homes that have a direct impact on residents’ quality of life
- encourage collaboration and partnerships, particularly European and international, around integrated community care.
Calls for projects
Grants for frontline healthcare professionals
Call for projects targeting frontline professionals in healthcare.
Fund Claire Fauconnier & Fund Guy Sallets
Supporting research on the quality of care in multiple sclerosis
Multiple Sclerosis Research
Improving the quality of care and the quality of life of patients with Multiple Sclerosis and their relatives
REMA Medical Technologies
Provision of improved collaboration and ongoing distance training for health professionals, through the Rema Medical Technologies platform.
Fondation Sainte-Elisabeth / Fonds Onco-radiothérapie
In line with integrative medicine, provision of individual care and collective activities for patients and their families, from diagnosis up to one year after treatment.
Publications & data
Solidarité et droit aux soins de santé / Solidariteit en het recht op gezondheidszorg
Lokaal samenwerken in zorgzame buurten
ZOOM: Aidants proches et personnes âgées à domicile. Qui sont-ils ? Que font-ils ? Une analyse / Mantelzorgers van thuiswonende ouderen. Wie zijn ze? Wat doen ze? Een analyse
Funds and philanthropic tools
Fernand Bogaert (Fund)
In Belgium, support for vulnerable, very ill patients, especially palliative care for cancer patients. In the South, the fight against life-threatening diseases such as leprosy.