KBF worldwide / MYRIAD
Headquartered in Brussels, the King Baudouin Foundation is a European foundation that is active in Belgium, Europe and internationally. We have over the years, developed an extensive global network that has enabled us to become a leading actor in cross-border philanthropy. This network, now known as the borderless giving alliance Myriad, is constantly developing and has become an essential tool for philanthropists, corporates and organisations all over the world wishing to act for the common good, in their own country or further afield.
In the world
We accompany philanthropists and donors (individuals, companies, or organisations) wishing to take action for the common good on any continent and in any area of the general interest, notably through our founding membership of the Myriad alliance for borderless giving. Our principal partners in the alliance are :
- Myriad USA (formerly KBFUS), draws on over two decades of experience in offering advice and made-to-measure solutions for US donors wishing to support good causes abroad, in the Asia-Pacific region, Europe, Africa, and Latin America. In addition to the fiscal facilities it permits, our partner is reputed for its in-depth knowledge of local legislation regarding international donations and the not-for-profit sector in Europe and Africa. Myriad USA also works with universities, museums, and other not-for-profit European, Asian and African institutions that wish to raise funds in the United States.
- KBF CANADA, supports philanthropists – private individuals, families, businesses and foundations – that wish to support good causes throughout the world. Founded in 2017, this philanthropic organisation registered in Canada develops personalised solutions that take account of each donor’s particular wishes. Thanks to KBF CANADA, donors can fulfil their philanthropic ambitions via international projects conducted throughout the world and can benefit from KBF CANADA’s knowledge of Canadian legislation and fiscal advantages.
- Give2Asia, a U.S.-based Public Charity that helps donors based across the globe to facilitate full-cycle grantmaking in China, including Taiwan and Hong Kong SAR. Give2Asia’s deep local knowledge, 20 years of experience, and specialised local offices offer individuals, corporations, and associations guidance and facilities to achieve their philanthropic goals.
- Give2Asia Australia, an international nonprofit based in Melbourne that serves as a strategic partner and ally for philanthropy. Give2Asia Australia offers a suite of services for Australian individuals, corporates, and not-for-profits.
- Give2Asia Foundation (Hong Kong), founded in 2012 under Section 88 as a charitable organisation. Give2Asia Foundation (Hong Kong) serves as a local partner for philanthropy and works with individuals, corporations, and private foundations to achieve their charitable goals. Its strategic location in Hong Kong SAR allows for the facilitation of cross-border giving for causes within the Greater Bay Area and worldwide.
- Gift Trust New Zealand, a registered charity that’s been helping donors simplify and amplify their giving since 2009.
We attach great importance to the European aspect of life on our continent. This is not only because many issues in society require cooperation on Europe-wide solutions, but also because we wish to help safeguard those gains already made in European integration, as well as to render European democracy ever more resilient.
We support civil society organisations across the EU and we work with over 50 partner foundations with the aim of making our common voice heard at the European level.
We facilitate European cross-border donations through Transnational Giving Europe, a network that enables European donors to make donations quickly and easily across most EU countries, while enjoying many of the same fiscal advantages as giving closer to home. For associations looking to raise funds, this network also provides the possibility of seeking support abroad.
The King Baudouin Foundation enjoys its own official charitable status in France, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, and Denmark, allowing donors established in these countries to make donations directly to KBF while benefitting from tax advantages in their own country, provided that their donations are meet requirements in local tax legislation.
In France, we support projects of general interest thanks to the resources donated to us both by individuals and businesses. These philanthropists are looking for a framework within which they can conduct their project. They contact us, we listen to them. Then, together, we identify or develop a made-to-measure response to their needs, one which will enable them to act effectively and sustainably support their chosen good causes.
What we offer is varied and flexible. In function of the donors’ own wishes, the King Baudouin Foundation holds their philanthropic fund, which the donors manage directly or they entrust us with its operational management. We have a range of specific experience:
- the distribution and monitoring of large donations;
- European and international philanthropy;
- venture philanthropy;
- impact investing;
- and the management of listed immoveable heritage and art collections.
The King Baudouin Foundation is accredited by the French state to receive donations and to give its donors tax advantages in the same way as a Foundation Recognised as a French Public Utility. Link to the accreditation.
Our French team manages our activities in France, welcomes the donors who choose the King Baudouin Foundation for their philanthropic activities and cooperates with other local philanthropy stakeholders. The team will be delighted to see you at our Philanthro-Lab, in the heart of Paris.
Close to you, in your region and nationally: the King Baudouin Foundation is active at all levels. We support individuals and organisations throughout Belgium. We tackle the problems of society that concern us all. And, naturally, we facilitate philanthropy in all fields of public interest. We support philanthropists and donors (individuals, companies, organisations), including among the country’s expatriate and diaspora communities, who wish to offer their commitment and add meaning to their activities in Belgium, and abroad.