Transnational Giving Europe
Facilitating philanthropy in Europe.
Thanks to the Transnational Giving Europe (TGE) network, coordinated by the King Baudouin Foundation, a donor in Belgium (an individual, business or organisation) can support a project of general interest in another European country while also benefitting from a tax advantage in Belgium.
Inversely, the TGE network also enables organisations and associations in Belgium to collect donations made in other European countries. Donations made by European donors (whether individuals, businesses or organisations) are tax deductible, in line with the legislation of the countries concerned.
Thanks to collaboration between the national partner foundations, 20 European countries are already members of the TGE network:
- Belgium – via King Baudouin Foundation
- Bulgaria – via Bcause
- Croatia – via European Foundation for Philanthropy and Society Development
- Estonia – via Open Estonia Foundation
- France – via Fondation de France
- Germany – via Maecenata Stiftung
- Grand Duchy of Luxembourg – via Fondation de Luxembourg
- Greece – via Higher Incubator Giving Growth & Sustainability - HIGGS
- Hungary – via Carpathian Foundation Hungary
- Ireland – via Community Foundation for Ireland
- Italy – via Fondazione Donor Italia
- Poland – via Academy for the Development of Philanthropy in Poland
- Portugal – via Fundacao Oriente
- Romania – via Odorheiu Secuiesc Community Foundation
- Slovakia – via Carpathian Foundation Slovakia
- Slovenia – via SKUP Skupnost privatnih zavodov
- Spain – via Fundación Empresa y Sociedad
- Switzerland – via Swiss Philanthropy Foundation
- The Netherlands – via Prins Bernhard Cultuurfonds
- The United Kingdom – via Charities Aid Foundation
In future, the network hopes to extend its services across the entire European Union.
In order to simplify cross-border donations even more and also boost European philanthropy, donations made through the TGE network can also be made through an online donations platform. Thanks to this simple-to-use digital solution, individuals and businesses have the option of making donations to the causes and organisations of their choice in Europe, while also benefitting from the tax advantages offered in their country of residence as well as within a secure legal and fiscal framework.