Generosity knows no frontiers. In response to growing requests from donors wishing to support good causes elsewhere in the world, the King Baudouin Foundation has continued to develop its international network.
It is in this spirit that we have created the Myriad alliance for borderless giving. This builds on nearly 30 years of KBF operations on the ground in North America and on the long-established expertise of Give2Asia, a U.S. philanthropic foundation with branches in Hong Kong SAR and Australia. Our objective is to facilitate and encourage cross-border philanthropy worldwide.
Thanks to Myriad, donors (private individuals, businesses and organisations) across four continents can support good causes in almost 100 countries, benefitting from:
- high quality philanthropy services and advice;
- numerous geographical options for making donations;
- an extensive network of not-for-profit organisations and beneficiaries to support;
- administrative and fiscal facilities.
The Myriad alliance is anchored in, and strengthens, existing collaboration between several international philanthropy structures:
- the King Baudouin Foundation, establishes links between donors and projects supported in Belgium, Europe, Africa and Latin America. The King Baudouin Foundation is also one of the leading founding partners of the Transnational Giving Europe network;
- Myriad USA (formerly KBFUS), draws on over two decades of experience in offering advice and made-to-measure solutions for US donors wishing to support good causes abroad, in the Asia-Pacific region, Europe, Africa, and Latin America. In addition to the fiscal facilities it permits, our partner is reputed for its in-depth knowledge of local legislation regarding international donations and the not-for-profit sector in Europe and Africa. Myriad USA also works with universities, museums, and other not-for-profit European and African institutions that wish to raise funds in the United States.
- KBF CANADA, supports philanthropists – private individuals, families, businesses and foundations – that wish to support good causes throughout the world. Founded in 2017, this philanthropic organisation registered in Canada develops personalized solutions that take account of each donor’s particular wishes. Thanks to KBF CANADA, donors can fulfil their philanthropic ambitions via international projects conducted throughout the world and can benefit from KBF CANADA’s knowledge of Canadian legislation and fiscal advantages.
- Give2Asia, a U.S.-based Public Charity that helps donors based across the globe to facilitate full-cycle grantmaking in China, including Taiwan and Hong Kong SAR. Give2Asia’s deep local knowledge, 20 years of experience, and specialised local offices offer individuals, corporations, and associations guidance and facilities to achieve their philanthropic goals.
- Give2Asia Australia, an international nonprofit based in Melbourne that serves as a strategic partner and ally for philanthropy. Give2Asia Australia offers a suite of services for Australian individuals, corporates, and not-for-profits.
- Give2Asia Foundation (Hong Kong), founded in 2012 under Section 88 as a charitable organisation. Give2Asia Foundation (Hong Kong) serves as a local partner for philanthropy and works with individuals, corporations, and private foundations to achieve their charitable goals. Its strategic location in Hong Kong SAR allows for the facilitation of cross-border giving for causes within the Greater Bay Area and worldwide.
- Gift Trust New Zealand, a registered charity that’s been helping donors simplify and amplify their giving since 2009.