Born in 1967.
PhD in Economics (UCLouvain) and Master’s degree in Public and International Affairs (Princeton).
Active in various businesses and organisations:
- Governor of the National Bank of Belgium
- Member of the Governing Council and the General Council at the European Central Bank
- Governor of the International Monetary Fund
- Chairman of the Audit Committee/Director of the Bank for International Settlements
- Member of the High Council of Finance.
Pierre Wunsch was formerly:
- Vice-Chair/Member of the Board of Governors of the King Baudouin Foundation (2020-2022)
- Chairman of the Management committee of Boost, the talent development programme of the King Baudouin Foundation (2019-2022)
- Vice-Governor (2015-2019) and Director of the National Bank of Belgium (2011-2019)
- Director of the "Cellule Stratégique des Finances" (2008-2011)
- Various positions held within Electrabel (2004-2008) and Tractebel EGI (2001-2004)
- Various positions in cabinets (1996-2001).