What is it about?
The Fund was created on the initiative of philanthropic friends. They use their own network and that of Collibri Foundation to collect donations. The funds collected are used to financially support various projects of the organisation.
The Collibri Foundation aims to provide training projects and training courses and to facilitate connections between young people, employees and partners from different cultures with a view to increasing the initiative and self-reliance of young people in a difficult socio-economic context, mainly in countries where the Colruyt Group obtains the products it sells and/or processes, but not limited to.
Today, the foundation distinguishes five important pillars within our organisation. Education remains the engine.
- Education in developing countries, from primary school to higher education.
- Education in Belgium with main focus on young people with a difficult socio-economic background.
- Connect young people by means of exchange initiatives.
- Consciously involve co-workers, customers and partners by means of ambassadorship and campaigns.
- A transparent organisation.
Support for underprivileged youngsters in the Global South, health and education projects and fighting school dropout.
Support for an ICT4Dev & Rikolto project in Ivory Coast and a Tyn personal and citizenship development project for youngsters in Belgium, thanks to the Collibri Foundation.