Born in 1960.
Master of Law Degree, KU Leuven.
Active in various businesses and organisations:
- Chairman of Mediahuis, Chairman of Umicore
- Honorary Chairman KBC Group
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Koninklijke DSM
- Chairman, respectively, of the Belgian Corporate Governance Commission, Topstukkenraad Vlaanderen, the Mayer van den Bergh Museum Advisory Board, the Nicolaas Rockox Museum and the Rubenianum Fund
- Member of the Trilateral Commission, the European Round Table of Industrialists and the Bilderberg Meeting Steering Committee .
Thomas Leysen was formerly:
- Chairman of KBC Group (2011 – 2020)
- President of the Federation of Enterprises in Belgium (2008 –2011)
- Member of the Supervisory Board (1993 – 1998), Executive Vice President (1998 – 2000) and CEO (2000 – 2008) of the Umicore Group
- Director of the Transcor Group (1983 – 1989).