Empowerment and social inclusion of older people.
Demographic changes and an increased life expectancy mean that European countries are witnessing an aging population. For a number of years, the King Baudouin Foundation has been committed to the elderly and issues that affect them, such as early and personalised care planning, palliative care and dementia. Numerous philanthropists, also concerned about the quality of life for the elderly, work at our sides.
- investigating, on a regular basis, the needs of people aged 60 and over in order to better anticipate and answer their needs
- investing in the adoption of the Tubbe model, a participatory model of management based on relationships and developed for use in care homes
- investing in the primary care and quality of life for people needing support and care at home, including the elderly
- support for the development of housing specially designed for the elderly
- in partnership with other European foundations, strengthening social inclusion of people with dementia.
Bürgerfonds goes GREEN!
Support for organisations whose projects aim to have a sustainable impact on nature and the landscape in the Ostbelgien or to contribute to the energy transition.
Marie-Thérèse De Lava & Robert Schneider (Funds Marie-Thérèse De Lava & Robert Schneider)
Grant for research in geriatric medicine
Funds Marie-Thérèse De Lava and Robert Schneider
Grant to encourage geriatricians to develop their research career
University Center of Geriatrics, Saint-Elisabeth Hospital, Antwerp
Support to the research project: Ultrasonographic assessment of muscle: early screening for sarcopenia to preventfunctional decline in older people and improve their quality of l…
Centre Public d'Action Sociale d'Ohey
In December, members of the Municipal Advisory Council for the Elderly visited elderly people living at home and distributed biscuits to provide moral and material support.
CPAS de Trooz
To provide emergency assistance to single-parent families affected by the floods to enable them to restore their homes, preserve their children and survive
Des maisons où il fait bon vivre et travailler / Een huis waar het goed wonen en werken is
The Bürgerfonds OStbelgien is a fund by East Belgians for East Belgians. It supports initiatives and organisations that work for fellow citizens, true to the motto 'moving more t…
Fonds Jean et Denise Bloch-Errera
To support projects aimed at improving the situation of elderly people in difficulty in Belgium.
Fund Robert Schneider
Encourage geriatricians to develop their research career