Empowerment and social inclusion of older people.
Demographic changes and an increased life expectancy mean that European countries are witnessing an aging population. For a number of years, the King Baudouin Foundation has been committed to the elderly and issues that affect them, such as early and personalised care planning, palliative care and dementia. Numerous philanthropists, also concerned about the quality of life for the elderly, work at our sides.
- investigating, on a regular basis, the needs of people aged 60 and over in order to better anticipate and answer their needs
- investing in the adoption of the Tubbe model, a participatory model of management based on relationships and developed for use in care homes
- investing in the primary care and quality of life for people needing support and care at home, including the elderly
- support for the development of housing specially designed for the elderly
- in partnership with other European foundations, strengthening social inclusion of people with dementia.
Grant for research in geriatric medicine
Grant for research in geriatric medicine by the Funds Marie-Thérèse De Lava & Robert Schneider
Funds Marie-Thérèse De Lava and Robert Schneider
Grant to encourage geriatricians to develop their research career
Ministère de la Communauté germanophone / Robert-Schuman-Institut
Support for children and young people from socially and financially disadvantaged families so that they have equal opportunities.
earmark 4 volunteers and 4 tablets to check whether older people in the German-speaking Community still need free digital coaching, as was the case during the Covid period.
Fund in-depth Tubbe sessions with the original coach, for 4 teams (2x2 h + 4 h preparation/follow-up with coach/management) and 4 h for 70 members of staff.
Des maisons où il fait bon vivre et travailler / Een huis waar het goed wonen en werken is
Fund Elie Cantiniau
To improve the quality of life of residents in nursing homes in Anderlues, with a focus on care, nutrition and leisure.
Marie-Thérèse De Lava (Fund)
Encourage geriatricians to develop their research career
The Eudomos Fund supports initiatives in favour of older people in East Belgium.