What is it about?
The purpose of the René & Karin Jonckheere Fund is to safeguard movable cultural heritage, paying particular attention to the conservation or restoration of works of art highlighting Brussels' European dimension. The works in question will normally be kept in museums in Brussels. However, the Fund could be used to conserve works kept in museums and libraries elsewhere in Europe.
Applications for support may be submitted by any public institution owning works of art highlighting Brussels' European dimension. These may include :
- works produced in Brussels studios or workshops and sold throughout Europe ;
- parts of works dispersed between various European museums ;
- diplomatic gifts ;
- artists trained in Brussels who went on to work in various European courts ;
- artists who enjoyed a 'European' career and settled in Brussels at one time or another ;
- works from European artists in Brussels museums.